Saturday, October 2, 2010

Computers

I've got a laptop! I got a purple mouse to go with it...and I found out that purple mice make me happy (but not quite as happy as red toenails or tulips!)  Oddly, I don't think a red mouse would make me happy at all.

I haven't been able to blog because our desktop died.....actually it is just quite sick and might make a recovery if we get it fixed, but at the moment it will only stay on 5-10 minutes at a time.  I still don't have access to my pictures from here, but my husband assures me that the external hard drive that I store them in can be plugged into my laptop.  I find it oddly ironic that I can plug a bunch of things into my laptop, including a mouse, monitor and keyboard....which would allow me to use the laptop closed, on my desk, with all the old parts plugged into it....which kinda defeats the purpose of it being a "laptop".  But it would allow me to let the kids use it for school work without them actually touching the new laptop!

I've learned a lot about computers the past several weeks.  I made a blog and can add pictures to it.  I learned what the numbers mean about storage and speed on new computers (but don't ask me to explain it to you, because I didn't learn it that well!)  I learned that there is a little square to click on to open a new window without shutting down the current window.....apparently that square is also on the old computer, I just didn't know about it!  And last but not least, I learned what the little globe symbol with a number next to it means on facebook.....my number was really big, since I'd never clicked on it before! 

Tom suggested I take a computer class when I found out about the button to open a new page.....he didn't know I was THAT computer illiterate! LOL!  But I think I do okay for what I know.....I'll just have to keep him around to help me when the computer flashes odd messages at me!

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for advancing to the point you have! There are some things about computers you just do not want to know. Those odd messages are definitely for husbands to deal with:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know just enough to be dangerous, right? I'm so happy you are limping along with what you have. I missed your funny blogs!!

    Isn't technology so cool?

    ReplyDelete