Monday, November 15, 2010

Notice to my children:

I am not your brain.

If you have not yet read the problem, don't ask me for help.

If I have walked you through 27 identical problems (and you have shown me that you understand), I will no longer answer how to do it.

Do not insist, "but this HAS to be the right answer!"  I have the answer key and I know how to do the problem.  I also have a calculator that will back me up.

Do not expect me to tell you the answer.

I expect you to use YOUR brain to figure things out....do not rely on me to solve every problem.

If I give you an assignment, I trust that you will schedule your time wisely...do not expect minute by minute reminders to get it done on time.

Help involves more than one person working together.  If your brain is not turned on, I cannot help; I can only do it for you.  This option is not available at this time.

When I am giving you directions, and you are not listening, it is not my problem that you don't know what to do.  I do not talk because I enjoy the sound of my voice....the words are actually coming out of my mouth for a reason.

You have a chore list....it is your reminder, not me.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not read minds.  Don't stand there looking at me blankly and assume that I should be telling you what to do.  I don't know why you are there!

Any single sentence containing the words it, stuff, that, and thing, cannot be answered intelligently....I do not know what you are talking about.

God gave YOU a perfectly good brain of your own.  Use it!

1 comment: