Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hike

Thursday we took a hike up to glacier rock.  The kids thought it was great that we were going on a "field trip".  I liked that it was close and made them very happy for very little effort!  We've been studying Oregon history, starting with the geological features of the land, so seeing a glacier rock fit right it.  The trail is about a ten minute drive from our house.  Is only a quarter of a mile long.  And it has a paved path.  Oh, and the most important feature of the hike....I brought a snack to eat at the rock.









We stayed at the top for a while and the kids played "stay off the grass".  Which includes being allowed to only touch the rock, and path, and yelling at each other if they think you are cheating.....I didn't want to listen to the argument, so we left.

My favorite part of the hike was the fresh wild blackberries lining the path....mmmmm!  They were good!  When we got back to the bottom, Alex realized that he'd left his water bottle at the top.  So he, Faith, and Noah ran back to the top to retrieve it.

And in case you are wondering....you should all be very impressed by my ability in figuring out how to get more than one picture on here in one post....last time I wanted to do that, I didn't have time to figure it out....But now I did it!!  Hurray for me!  Maybe next time, I'll even be able get them to line up the way I want them!







2 comments:

  1. Umm ... yeah, I was wondering how you did that with the photos. I'm uber impressed! And, the blackberry photo is super! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful:-)
    Great job on the blog. This is so fun. Thanks for keeping it interesting and breaking it up with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete