Saturday, September 18, 2010

Noah's Soup

Noah's favorite food is fruit (any and all kinds).  But when he gets to pick a main dish he always asks for "Cars Soup". 

Because Noah lives for Cars. 

He usually gets told "No".  Because I'm not paying $1.50 a can for icky canned soup for everyone.  It's just the principle of the thing....I can make a whole batch of yummy healthier homemade chicken noodle soup for much less than I can buy soup for everyone.  But I can't make it with Cars noodles.

So, today while Noah was an only child for a few hours, and we were grocery shopping, and it was on sale for $1, I bought him some.

Made his day! (maybe even week!)


I don't think he even cares what it tastes like.  But it has Cars noodles, so it is GOOD!  Personally I can't even tell what the shapes of the noodles are supposed to be, but the can says Cars, so they must be Lightening McQueen and Mater shaped.

Once I found Cars shaped pasta on clearance (a whole box of pasta for less than a can of soup!) and bought all the boxes they had.  And for a couple of months I was able to make homemade Cars soup.  And Cars Mac-and-Cheese.  Noah thought it was great (the other kids thought he was silly!).  But alas the pasta ran out and he is back to only getting a can of Cars soup once a year or so.

2 comments:

  1. What a souper story!!! It's the little things in life that make it worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Noah...tell him Grandma will share his Cars soup. I love Cars too!

    ReplyDelete