Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Pink Goo in My Day

I want to take more pictures.  I like pictures.  My kids like pictures (usually).  So why don't I take more everyday pictures?

Because Life Happens.

Today for instance, I started out with good intentions of taking pictures of all the kids busy with their school work.  Good intentions which quickly went out the window.  I got distracted by three trips to the school.  A two year old with a serious case of temper tanturms.  Another child (who shall remain nameless) who told me he "didn't want to obey" and "was wasting time listening to me talk about school work".  Fights started because certain big brothers like to pester a certain little brother.  Teaching (again to the same child) the difference between proper and common nouns (and I don't think it stuck).  Timing math drills.  Cooking breakfast.  And lunch.  And dinner.  Wiping snotty noses.  Three loads of laundry.  The list could continue....

AND THEN CAME THE PINK GOO

The house was finally quiet...three little kids napping, two big kids at band, and three other big kids quietly working independently....I snuck out of the living room where the kids were sleeping and noticed a pink puddle of goo oozing out from under the closet door.....GREAT.....Just What I Needed, Another Mess!
A bottle of dog shampoo had tipped over and lost it's lid....and dumped it's entire contents onto the closet floor.  Did I mention it was goo?  Actually more the consistancy of snot.  While trying to scoop it up with handfulls of paper towels, it would stretch and snap back to the floor.  Half a roll of paper towels and a garbage bag later, the floor had lost it's sheen.....and I was out of energy to even think about pictures.

Maybe tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment